Coming home to this nomination has, for quite a few minutes, left me speechless. Gratitude, waves of it crashed over me- this is my first ever award nomination. Although I try my best to remain positive and I pour every single fiber of my being into my work, I didn’t expect my effort to be recognised anytime soon. I express my deepest gratitude to this community for giving all of us new bloggers such an opportunity, for welcoming us with open arms and making us feel right at home.
I am so humbled to have been nominated for the Liebster Award 2017 by Simofutet, a fellow writer whose posts are relatable, funny and realistic. Please check out her blog here, you won’t be missing out!
What is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award serves to bring new bloggers some recognition as well as some well-needed motivation. This blogging community is brought closer each year through this award which enables us to support each other. More information can be found here.
Here are the rules (copied from The Global Aussie):
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.) At the bottom of this post I’ve included a whole lot of images you can use for your 2016 Liebster Award.
- For the 2016 Liebster Award I will be shaking things up! Write a 150-300 word post about your favourite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (This year I’m making this optional. If you wish to engage with your readers it’s a great idea to include random facts about you.)
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post or mine if you don’t have all the information so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
I’ll start with 10 facts about myself:
1. I’m a 16 year old girl from Mauritius.
2. Animals are my weak spot.
3. I have always been a deep thinker
4. Optimism is like my second nature, I always try to look for the bright side of every situation.
5. I love swimming; in fact, I do so every night!
6. Learning new things thrills me but I hate studying.
7. I suck at bowling (being just a beginner).
8. I’m quite extroverted.
9. I can dance pretty well.
10. I’m strangely intrigued by psychopaths and how their minds work.
Being a newbie myself, I have mostly interacted with bloggers who are just getting started. I must say, I was quite impressed by the volume of hidden talent in most of them, which leads me to cherish the Liebster Award even more. I know how hard it is to keep putting all of our being in pieces of writing that no one seems to be reading but I pledge you to never give up, even if you haven’t been nominated for this year’s Liebster Award and your following is stuck below the 100s. Write for yourself and appreciate others’ works, this incredibly supportive community will help you out.
Here’s a few words about my favourite blogger till date:
I was lucky enough to have stumbled upon Young Meets Free’s blog while browsing through the works of some fellow newbies and boy am I grateful I did. With around a hundred followers, his blog is the epitome of an undiscovered gem. Motivation, inspiration, courage, optimism, creativity and breath-taking waves of realisation are sure to hit you upon reading his articles. What I love about his articles is that they always leave space for further, personal reflection. It is clear that his intentions are not to preach but rather act as a catalyst for a prolonged realisation process. Furthermore, bits and pieces of his own experience are scattered in his writing, rendering his work more relatable and reliable. If you are reading this Blago, thank you for sharing your views and please continue writing!
The choice of my favourite blogger didn’t seem to be a tough one for the simple reason that I know how hard it can be delve deeper into the working of the human mind and provide motivation to those around you. That, and the fact that his style of writing is stunning! The right tone is always present, giving a smooth flow to his words and we can always feel the underlying presence of someone who has experience enough to know what he is talking about. My personal favourite of his would have to be Conquering Yourself is Only the Beginning in which he stresses the importance of personal growth and development, not only for oneself but to maintain healthy relationships with those around us. The gentle reminder that change is gradual and does not happen overnight along with the motivation to become better versions of ourselves make of his article one of the best I have ever read.
I feel honoured to be able to share my views on his work with all of you and I would like to thank everyone participating in the Liebster awards for allowing me to do so.
Here are the questions by Simofutet:
1. What inspired you to start a blog?
The two key things that inspired me to start my blog are my love for writing and the belief that I could make someone’s day by sharing my optimistic yet realistic views. In a world which is bombarded by all forms of unwanted negativity, I want to bring some joy and positivity to hopefully encourage people to adopt a healthier take on life. Combine that with my growing need to express myself and you have yourself a blog!
2. What three words best describe you?
I wouldn’t know from the viewpoint of others but according to me, driven, cheerful and stubborn would aptly describe me.
3. What are you grateful for?
Ah, here’s a question that I love. In fact, my very first article revolves around gratitude. I am grateful for everything in my life; my family, friends, home, happiness, sorrow, obstacles, lessons and more. The list could go on and on due to my belief that the key to happiness is gratitude. Right now, I am immensely grateful for being able to do what I love– to write.
4. What advice would you give your 16 year old self?
This question has me laughing sheepishly because… I am in fact sixteen! But one advice that I would give to my younger self is to stop giving too much importance to people who do not value you as much as you cherish them; to stop trying to change for others and to accept yourself like you are. However, I know that if I had done all those things, I would not have become who I am and I wouldn’t be in the position to give this advice, so I’m grateful for having made mistakes!
Those were all the questions. Thank you once again Simofutet for nominating me!
Here are my nominees:
- Young Meets Free
- Chad Ryan
- Not Your Average Mom Blog
- Explicit With Britters
Congratulations to each and every one of you and thank you for sharing your work! If your name is not on this list, it does not mean that you aren’t good enough, please keep writing and remember that being unearthed doesn’t make a diamond less precious.
To my fellow nominees, if you choose to accept this nomination, here are your questions:
- What keeps you driven in life?
- What is your biggest dream?
- What does your blog mean to you?
- What is the biggest challenge that you face in running your blog?
- How do you overcome that challenge?
- What advice would you give to new bloggers who lack recognition?
- If you could change one thing in your life, what would it be?
- What makes you incredibly happy in life?
- How far does society affect how you view yourself and others?
- What is your biggest regret?
- From where do you draw inspiration to write?
Please keep in mind that you have until Christmas to write your acceptance post, following the above-mentioned rules.
Sending you loads of love and positivity,